The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
Cornell University    
  Feb 20, 2018
Courses of Study 2012-2013 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Departments, Programs of Study and Courses

In the School of Hotel Administration .

Course Offerings 

Minor in Real Estate

The minor in Real Estate is designed to prepare students for careers in the commercial real estate industry. Both the U.S. and international capital markets are undergoing fundamental changes, as is the nature of real estate ownership. This minor focuses on careers as a real estate investor, in real estate finance, in real estate consulting, in structured finance, and in real estate transaction support. Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration is at the forefront of knowledge in this field and will help students prepare for a rewarding career. The minor is fulfilled with a minimum of six courses. Four courses are required and two or more electives complete the minor. A minimum of 18 credit hours is required to complete the minor. The Undergraduate Minor in Real Estate is open to students at all seven of Cornell University’s colleges and school.  In addition, the minor is desinged to integrate with the requirements of several majors including: AEM in CALS; OR&IE in Engineering; Industrial and Labor Relations; Economics in Arts and Sciences; and B. Arch in Architecture, Art, and Planning. Requirements for students in the School of Hotel Administration are different from requirements for students in other undergraduate units. Students who wish to pursue a minor in Real Estate must complete and submit an application.  Applications are available on the school’s website.  Questions can be directed to


Students in the School of Hotel Administration may pursue minors offered by units in any college or division. A unit that offers a minor may place restrictions on who can pursue that minor (usually because of limited resources), and a major may place restrictions on the minors that its students can take (usually because the major and minor areas are too similar).

Completion of a minor will be audited by the unit that offers it. The minor will be recorded on students’ official transcripts by their home colleges after receiving verification by the unit offering the minor, usually during the summer after graduation. Students should inquire with the offering units for application procedures and requirements.


While completing the hotel elective courses, undergraduates in the school may select a concentration. During their sophomore year, students should consult with a faculty member in the requested concentration area to plan the sequence of courses (minimum of 12 credits of upper-level HADM classes) that will best fit their program. Upon completion, the concentration will be noted on the transcript, provided a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the approved concentration classes was attained.