The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
Cornell University    
  Jan 22, 2018
Courses of Study 2015-2016 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

[Add to Favorites]

HADM 4990 - Undergraduate Independent Study

Fall, spring. 1-4 credits, variable.



Students have the option of conducting an independent study project in any academic area. The number of credits for which students may register are arranged on an individual basis. Note: Students commit themselves to a certain number of credits of independent academic work per week per credit hour if they choose to do an independent study project, and the work must be performed in the semester for which the student is enrolled in the independent study. The usual add/drop policy applies, and retroactive credit for work commenced after an academic semester has ended is not allowed. Projects are conducted under the direction of a faculty member, and regular, frequent consultations are mandatory. Also, a written report must be produced and made available to all faculty members and students of the school after its submission to the supervising faculty member. Up to 3 credits for independent study projects may not count toward the SHA elective requirements. Any over 3 credits will be free electives only. Students cannot earn academic credit for independent study when the equivalent material is offered in a regular course, and credit is not earned for teaching a course. Students should consider all aspects of their situation before committing themselves to an independent study project. Enrollment forms are available in the Office of Student Services, 180 Statler Hall.

[Add to Favorites]